International Student Trips Powered By Discovery Education
Sarah's Adventure

Banana Processing

Thursday, June 4, 2009

On our 8th day here was a special day. We got to got to a banana processing factor. It was amazing that there was so many bananas. I have not seen so many bananas I my entire life. I did not know that bananas where flowers did you know that. On our way to see these bananas we got to ride on a banana transport wagon. We were the first people to ride on this wagon. Then we got to go to a waterfall and there was a spider about 3 inches wide and 3 and a half inches long. After that we had a 2 hour bus ride to get to reef HQ. At the end of the day we got to practice snorkeling and it was really cold. It was a fun day and also cool.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Sarah,
I didn't know that bananas were flowers.
I have learned so many things from the blogs and tweets all of you have posted. Thanks for taking the time to do them, it has been a great deal of fun following all of you on your trip in Australia.
Was the transport wagon a new piece of equipment on the banana farm or do people not normally ride on it?
Mrs. Jensen's mom

Stacey said...

Hi, Sarah
Wow, all the fun things that you sre doing. I can hardly wait for you to tell us of all your adventures. I bet you are enjoying all the water now. Have lots of fun on your last few days. See you on Sunday.

Love you Mom

Post a Comment

Essential Programs Details

Duration 14 days
When May 25th - June 7th, 2009
Focus Marine Biology
Conservation/Wildlife
Aboriginal Culture